- 10 Ways to Ramp Up Your Social Media PresencePosted 2 years ago
- 4 Business Lessons Learned from the Late,
Great Steve JobsPosted 2 years ago
- How to Stand Out in a Flooded MarketPosted 2 years ago
- Business Networking: Following up with a Thank You NotePosted 2 years ago
- Update Your Inner Circle for Consistent GrowthPosted 2 years ago
Four Small Diet Changes with a Big Impact
Are you totally dismayed because you can’t seem to find a diet that actually works? You might have shed a few pounds on one or another of them, but they didn’t stay off. Have you achieved any successful results using this method? Most likely, you are now, once again, at Point A.
But it’s not all bad news: there are some modifications you can make that will get you right off the diet treadmill permanently.
Try to incorporate the following 4 diet changes that can really make a big difference:
1. Drink an abundant amount of water.
Even beverages that make claims of containing zero grams of sugar are commonly loaded with calories or chemicals that are not healthy! Start drinking plain water instead, and you’re sure to feel and see the difference very soon!
Give your water a boost by squeezing fresh lime juice into every glass you drink.
- Stop drinking beverages with sugar slowly, so you do not feel as though you are losing out on something important. Rather, reward yourself with a treat of soda or fruit beverage at the end of each week if you reached your daily water consumption targets.
- A cup of water before every meal will aid in filling your stomach so that you eat less food.
2. Eat smaller portions at every meal.
You can eat less food at each meal and still walk away from the dining room table feeling satisfied.
You may find that timing is a major factor for you:
- A plan that succeeds for many is five small meals – breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. Eat reduced portions to keep your daily calorie total within your limit.
- When you never go a long time between eating, you don’t feel hunger, which lowers the temptation to eat large amounts.
3. Try eating different types of snacks.
Although it is a good idea to eat comfort foods once in a while, you might wish to think about whether you are eating healthy or unhealthy snacks.
- Try substituting a granola bar, fruit, yogurt, frozen fruit bar, and other low-fat, low-sugar treats for the candy bar you crave. Fruit is a natural sweet food courtesy of Mother Nature – when you eat fruit, your sweet tooth is satisfied in a way that does not cause health problems.
- If you have a preference for crunchy snacks such as chips, go for crunchy raw veggies or nuts instead.
- One easy thing you can do is to put nuts, carrot sticks and celery sticks in a bowl before you are ready for your snack; this method provides you with a ready-made snack whenever you feel hungry. Cut celery stalks and carrots into small sticks, and cut broccoli into tiny pieces; these small sticks and pieces that are prepared ahead of time will help you to eat natural snacks. Make your fruit appealing and convenient by cutting bite-sized portions of several different fruits (think melons, grapes, berries, etc.) and keep them in sealed serving-sized containers.
4. Stick to eating the main courses instead of indulging in side servings.
You may discover that eating too many sides, such as spaghetti, breaded stuffing, or potato salad with mayonnaise, prevents you from losing weight. Even though it is permissible to eat a tiny amount of these types of foods, it is useful to recall that these food products have extremely high calories. Reduce the amounts of these dishes, and eat mostly meats, vegetables, and for dessert, fruit.
If you follow these easy diet tips, you will begin to see amazing changes in your general well-being within a very short period. You will discover that your body improves unconsciously, since you are feeding it things that are good for it!
To get the fitness and weight loss outcomes you are looking for, get off the merry-go-round of fad diets and work on gradual changes in what you eat and how. If you improve your diet, you will look more attractive, feel healthier and more energetic, and achieve your goals. If your try this method, you will see positive results right away!